Notice of intent to accept applications for apprenticeship in the electrical industry. Applications will be taken during the months of July, August & September 2017 on Wednesdays only from 8:00 am until 4:00 pm at IBEW Local Union 461:
591 Sullivan Rd. Suite 200
Aurora, IL 60506 | Directions
1. You must be a minimum of 17 years of age at the time of application and must be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of selection and indenture.
2. All applications must be completed in the Local Union Office and must not be taken out of the building.
3 . You must be a High School graduate or have a G.E.D. (copy of G.E.D. certificate required) or have a two-year Associate Degree or higher. Proof of one year of high school Algebra I with a C or better grade or post high school Algebra I equivalent. A high school transcript is required and must be in a sealed envelope from the school. Transcripts from post high school education and training may be submitted in a sealed envelope from the school.
4. You must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
5. Must be a resident of Local 461 's jurisdiction which includes the southern half of Kane County, all of Kendall County, plus Sandwich (including township) in DeKalb County, at the time of application.
6. Agree to sign a statement that he/she is physically able to perform electrical construction work. Accepted applicants must provide a physical exam before starting the program.
7. Accepted applicants will be required to appear, at a time and place specified by the NECAlIBEW Joint Apprenticeship & Training Committee, for a drug/alcohol test.
8. Must provide a birth certificate.
Upon receipt of the above information, the applicant may be scheduled to take an aptitude test. A successful test score of (3) three or better is required. Those who meet the minimum requirements on the documents submitted above, and have taken the aptitude test and received a score of (3) three or better, will be scheduled for an interview by the Apprenticeship Committee.
Selections of apprentices under this program shall be made on the basis of qualifications alone. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity under these standards without regard to sex, race, creed, color, or national origin.